Front-End Engineer + Designer, Nava PBC
April 2017 – Current
November 2015 – March 2017
- Work closely with designers, product managers, and full-stack engineers to implement new features across our platform, Chorus.
- Work with other engineers to redefine the architecture and tooling for the front-end of our platform.
- Contribute to our front-end work flow and guidelines across our team.
- Unify 8 brands (300+ websites) onto a single core platform.
- Mentor and help new teammates.
- Lead a monthly front-end skill-share.
- Work with other Product Team members and leadership on developing a culture for hosting events and contributing back to the community.
- Create guidelines and advocate for Accessibility within the company.
May 2014 – November 2015
- Post Vox.com launch, worked with a product manager, a designer, and a full-stack engineer to implement new features and bug fixes to support the site and editorial needs. Including launching embeddable card stacks.
- Worked with a product manager, a designer, and Editorial staff on developing interactive feature layouts for Polygon.
Visual Design Instructor, General Assembly
April 2015 – May 2015
- Worked with General Assembly coordinators and two other instructors to teach students an introduction to design. Including: design concepts, branding, layout, and responsive design.
May 2012 – May 2014
- Worked as one of the founding designers of Polygon.
- Worked with editorial staff and a designer on developing interactive feature layouts.
- Front-end development for the corporate website.
DCFemTech Powerful Woman Programmers
2015 & 2016 Recipient
Trending Power Women in DC
Comedy Hack Day DC Winner
Worked with a team to develop and prototype a satirical app called IndieHobo.
DCFemTech Advocate & Organizer
2014 – Current
SassyDC Meetup Organizer
2014 – 2016
Knowledge of: Ruby / Ruby on Rails, Node, TDD, Webpack, Python
Bachelor of Arts, Graphic Design & Minor in Computer Science